Saturday, November 14, 2009

Learning some basics

Well its been 2 weeks since I last posted. Between being sick and having to make an emergency run to Austin to get my grandson on the second of this month it has been hectic. I should just name my home Diana's home for wayward kids and horses. Anyway you don't come here to read about my house problems.

Chance has gained about 148 pounds in 5 weeks. Now we are not gorging him on it but hes gaining fast. He is also learning to back from the ground and is doing pretty good on that. He fights you till he knows what you want then its smooth sailing from there. He has been working on the lunge line, and round pen for about a week or so now. And hes gaining muscle mass fast. Which concerned me when I taped him. Apparently when you take a starving horse let him gain 140 or so pounds put him to light work they gain muscle faster than belly and any belly they start to lose. Which throws off your tape. Vet assures me this is fine. His hair coat is still nasty but that will come with weight. If he so much as bumps himself he loses HUGE patched of hair. But again that will fix itself as he puts on weight. Anyway I know you have all been waiting on some pictures. Now keep in mind the only way to get pictures of him free is to feed him.





No comments:

Post a Comment