Sunday, October 25, 2009

We meet

I get up on Oct 9, 2009 and stumble to the computer with a cup of coffee to scour the horse classifieds. I am searching for a well broke older horse for my learning to ride daughter. I always check Craig's list first one to see if anything is in my budget and two to laugh at the morons putting ads on there. You wouldn't believe the stuff I find on there. I digress. I pop up farm and garden and find an ad. Says 3-4 year old sorrel gelding for $100 bucks. What the hell I will call and see about it. Chances are hes gone. I call and get some guy who says yes he is still available. He tells me hes thin they had rescued him at auction a few weeks ago. Not a problem since I have never brought home anything that wasn't in need of some sort of rehabbing. I give my stepson the phone as I suck at directions. I rush to get dressed and head out.
We drive an hour to get there. What we find when we get there is a horse that is not only thin hes starved down so bad you can count ever vertebrae in his back. But he is a high socked, full blaze, copper chestnut gelding. I buy him on the spot. Realising I have forgot my camera we go home to make arrangements on a trailer. Ride to go see him cost me 20 bucks. Total so far is 120 for my cheap rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment